We all have something to share, we all have something to learn. The most valuable knowledge is not somewhere in books on shelves but it is in our heads. It is in the heads of millions of communities who respond, every day, to the issue of HIV.
We invite all of you to participate in this first global ‘knowledge asset’ building on Ning: the collection of our joint knowledge on the ten practices of AIDS Competence, based on our experiences.
We propose to work together first on the practice ‘Acknowledgement and recognition’. Click here to read a description of the practice.
A group of representatives of Asian countries and Mali has built a knowledge asset on ‘acknowledgement’ during the Knowledge Fair in Chiang Mai, Thailand (Feb 2009). We propose to take their work as an inspiration to start with. Click here to see the knowledge asset
on Acknowledgement from the ‘Chiang Mai group’.
In the forum
, we will take three steps towards a global knowledge asset on Acknowledgement:
1. We define a common vision of success in terms of acknowledgement and recognition (level 5).
2. We share our experience in addressing acknowledgement and recognition of HIV as an issue that concerns us, our community
3. We discuss and define the common principles emerging from our individual experiences
Therefore, as a first step, we now invite you to share with friends on the forum
: what is success in terms of acknowledgement and recognition of HIV? What is you personal dream? What is the ‘dream’ situation for our community in our context? What will an AIDS Competent community have in place in terms of acknowledgement and recognition?
- 1-7 June: Developing a common dream
- 8-14 June: Sharing our experiences in the forum
- 15-28 June: Start identifying common principles
- 15th July: post revised Knowledge Asset
We are excited at the prospect of learning together and are looking forward to receiving your contribution on the forum
*to participate in this discussion, just leave your comments on the forum discussion about acknowledgment.