We, the Avani team, conducted Self assessment in Nandwal Village, Maharashtra on the village dream for gender equality on 24th May 2022. We invited the community members who had earlier come together on 25th Feb 2022 to develop their common dream.
Reflections from the community during AER on self assessment
- When your team had facilitated dream building we thought it was just another NGO meeting but now we realise that you were serious.
- Today we learned where we are in terms of our dreams
- If we have seen the dream, it is we who have to work towards our dream.
- We have learned what issue needs most attention in the village
- We realise that we need to involve more men in these meetings
- We also want everyone in the village to dream like we have dreamt today.
Our learning from the experience as facilitators
- “ Through the self assessment practices identified by the community, I realized that the work should not remain ours alone, it needs to spread to others” - Shahrukh
- “When it came from people what needs to be done to achieve the dream, it was very fulfilling." Imran
- “I am from this village, I want to do a lot for gender equalitu but as I am alone I am not able to do much. But through Self assessment when the community identi came from others, I think we will be able to achieve the dream. SALT has build strong relations with adolescents are getting connected and they recognise that its imp for the village” Jayshri