YouthLEAP Social Entrepreneurs' Fund
The fund is raised and managed to support street youth and their peers of at least 10 members to start their own YouthLEAP venture. Undergoing a series of preparation to make their venture fly (see project logframe here:Annex 1 KGPPYouthLEAP_LogFrame (1).doc) aimed in strengthening 4 human assets: social, knowledge, financial and physical assets, they are then engaged in a sustainable all-year-round supervised product development, fair trade and business operations that goes with their change efforts and awareness campaign about HIV and AIDS in local tourism events. Apart from the capital to be recovered and rolled over, each ventures are expected to generate a surplus that is able to sustain their daily needs and accumulation of their savings potential to finance their future education, emergent health needs and housing.
The on-line Campaign: The September Open Challenge
The open challenge is hosted by the globalgiving.org foundation and requires international challengers to target 50 Unique Donors and reach 4,000 USD in one month time. If the required targets are met, the project page will be awarded to the Kabataang Gabay sa Positibong Pamumuhay which will serve as a sustainable online fund-raising platform for the YouthLEAP initiative and to manage our one-time and regular donors and update them where and whom their donation impact most.
The immediate goal is to achieve 50 Unique Donors and 4,000 USD targets from September 1-30, 2010. Once this twin goal is achieved, this will build momentum to facilitate the achievement of our expansion plan for 2011-2015 that is to start 1 peer ventures every month starting January 2011 in Iloilo, Region 6 and the rest of the country by 2015.
HOW CAN YOU HELP:
- Through referral: Referring our GlobalGiving Open Challenge site: http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/yearn-learn-and-earn-through-peer-entrepreneurship/ to at least ten friends and collegues who can offer at least 10 USD one-time donation and continue referring us to 10 of their friends,
- One-time Donation: Donate on-line to a choice of amount (found in the donation options available in the website) to help in achieving the 4,000 USD target until September 30, 2010,
- Monthly pledge: once we have achieved the 50 unique donors and 4,000 USD within the month of September, we can now manage our donors especially those who wish to pledge at least one hour of their monthly income or 10 USD contribution every month for the success of the initiative that we aim to organize one peer venture every month starting January 2011
- Buy and Pay On-line: Pay the products you like to purchase on-line through the website charged in your credit card. Pay in the option "other amount" and email us which of the arts, crafts and advocacy products of street youth you wish to purhcase. In your payment, shipping, administrative fees collected by the globalgiving foundation and the price of the product is included in the total price. We will receive your email request for a product and we will inform you the shipping date.
- Direct Bank Transfer: If we cannot meet the target of the challenge and if you wish to continue supporting us through regular pledge or purchase/order of our products, you can pay directly to our YouthLEAP Social Entrepreneurs' Fund. Every year we have designs for the International AIDS Candlelight memorial, World AIDS Campaign, Women's Month, International Human Rights Day or any specific events like seminars, symposia, conferences and trade fair. You can also send to us your designs and we will provide you the prototypes ready for reproduction.
Thank you very much and more power
Very truly yours
JOHN PIERMONT V. MONTILLA
Kabataang Gabay sa Positibong Pamumuhay
Center for Transformative Innovations for Behavior Change
# 252 R. Mapa St. Barangay Tabucan
Distrito de Mandurriao, Ciudad de Iloilo
John Piermont Montilla
Executive Director | Kabataang Gabay sa Positibong Pamumuhay Philippines
+63.33.321.2028 | +639166682183 | email@example.com | skype: fareasternsoul |http://www.peerventures.ning.com/
Kabataang Gabay sa Positibong Pamumuhay is an enterprise of emerging young leaders of naturally-formed peer groups in highly exploitative environments and risk spaces connected with a common dream for youth empowerment. Gabay as commonly called, is a registered non-stock, non-profit and non-government organization established in 1999. Since it’s founding, it has pioneered youth-led development principles in harnessing human capacities that engage young people in decision-making processes in their spheres of influence, offering them life tools that facilitate in making informed decisions and in shaping their own solutions to issues confronting them particularly education, poverty and sexual and reproductive health. Recognized as one the most outstanding youth organizations in the Philippines in 2003 in Iloilo City and 2008 in Bacolod City by the National Youth Commission.