When I mention Appreciative Inquiry to someone I often get the response, ‘What’s that?’ So for those new to AI here’s a list of principles and assumptions to whet your appetite. I’ve also provided a link to our previous posts on some of the 8 Principles.
- In every society, organization, or group, something works
- What we focus on becomes our reality
- The language we use creates our reality
- Reality is created in the moment, and there are multiple realities
- The act of asking questions of an organization or group influences the group in some way
- People have more confidence and comfort to journey to the future when they carry forward parts of the past
- If we carry parts of the past forward, they should be what is best about the past
- It is important to value differences
For a brief overview of AI go to Appreciative Inquiry.