Patterns are emerging and confirmed through Glocon in 9 countries so far (19 local documented community encounters) -including...(seen in each CSS in the 'themes that matter to us' section-see www.affirmfacilitators.org)
1. Local neighbourhood community matters-it is the DNA of Global Health. There are more neighbourhoods than any other type of community, and they will remain when all others fade away. They are vulnerable, yet when stimulated, can be the most potent foundation for care and change and expansion of health and faith outcomes.
2. Home and neighbourhood dynamic is the root of shared confidentiality, grounded in safe relational intimacy within local groups,which in turn is the fulcrum of expansion of local response. Relational health underpins all other expressions of health, and healing. 3. Local initiative for transfer (of optimism, vision, ways of thinking and working) is a core source of hope -and the essence of primary health (care) viability and sustainability
4.Systems, health service, church and other faith related organisational contexts need to learn from and adapt to the local neighbourhood community capacity for response to critical health concerns. Shift to learning from, and facilitating connection between local responses, are the core markers of organisational relevance.
5. Local relational health is indivisibly connected to faith, hope, grace encounter, and love in action. Global Health and faith are necessarily synergistic.
6. HIV and AIDS needs attention -it is not going away-we are seeing a second major era of medical denial, indicated by complacent acceptance that centralising ART in district and mission hospitals and clinics is enough to satisfy demand and fix the problem of care and prevention. People do not want a problem fixed by 'topping up' with ART -they want to live life to the full. They want to own their future.
7. Measuring progress and outcomes externally is complemented by, and necessarily informed through, community counselling, timelines, and transfer mapping, as well as other group approaches to self assessment. Sharing timelines and transfer maps between communities is a strong way for community to community 'twinning' to form across language, culture, faith, and politics.
8. Youth and inter-generational connection are core elements of any viable health and healing community response.
The Constellation vidéo, where we journey in less then 2 minutes from space, through nature, to villages, in homes and back while exploring what the Constellation stands for. Thank YOU for being part of it.