Connecting local responses around the world
Example : Brushing your teeth
Steps to do your self-assessment:
1. Get your family, colleagues, village or community together
and make sure you have enough time to discuss your situation (at
least 1-2 hours)
2. The facilitator explains the 5 levels of the self-assessment (with simple example like above)
3. Discuss the practices one by one and agree on the level your community is at today. Everyone is invited to speak. People justify why they think the community is at a particular level by giving an example. The community has to agree on one level.
4. Once you have discussed all practices, choose 3 priority practices you want to improve
5. Choose a target level (level you want to reach in the next months) for each priority practice
6. Choose actions you want to undertake to reach the target levels, a time frame and indicators which will let you know that you have reached each target level.
Share your experience in our virtual community:
1. Go to http://www.aidscompetence.ning.com
and ‘sign in’ if you are a member and ‘sign up’ if you are not yet
2. Go to the forum on malaria competence and share your experience in the box ‘Reply to this’. You can attach your results and your action plan by clicking on symbol of document.
If you have question, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or + 66 87 36 25 463. Read more on malaria competence in Togo and the Gambia on the malaria competence website.